What to know about salvia –
- Light: full sun – Height: 1-3 feet – Width: 12 inches – Season: summer and fall blooms – Features: low maintenance, drought tolerate, good for containers, attracts birds, attracts butterflies – Propagation: seed – Zones: 7-10: INFO: view growing zones
- About salvia: there are different varieties; but the one displayed in this post are annuals with bright red, blue, pink and white flowers that bloom all season long until the first front. They can be used as borders, in groups or dotted among other flowers to give your garden spotted color.
- Salvia is a drought tolerant flower – perfect for dry and hot climates:
INFO: salvia splendens (scarlet sage, tropical sage)
- Garden Planning: plant them in clumps or in varying spaces among other annuals such as begonia, geranium or petunia. They grow nicely in flower beds with a height at approximately 12 inches. Salvia thrive is full sunlight on a hot summer day. They are a great addition when you need complimentary colors:
INFO:plant, grow, and care for salvia
- What comments can you share?
|AMAZON: salvia flower seed (new win)|
|AMAZON: salvia plants (new win)|
|PINTEREST: garden w/ salvia (new win)|
|IMAGES: salvia garden bed (new win)|
|INFO: salvia varieties for garden (new win)|
other related garden landscaping:
Find Landscaping/Maintenance Landscape Design Landscape Maintenance Pest Control Sprinkler Systems Tree & Shrubs Water Features top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.