copyright image by https://pixabay.com/
New Orleans mardi gras celebrations
- New Orleans celebrates Mardi gras with parades and other festivities starting early January – February.
- But the big celebration is this coming Tuesday, February 13 – better know as Fat Tuesday.
- Fat Tuesday comes from the medieval times when everyone ate all meats and eggs prior
to the start of Lent – a period of abstaining from meat for 40 days prior to Easter Sunday.
- So Fat Tuesday or Carnival festivities, was the celebration of life prior to the 40 day penitence period.
- What comments can you share?
|INFO: carnival new orleans (new win)|
|INFO: history of mardi gras (new win)|
|PINTEREST: mardi gras ideas (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: celebrating in new orleans (new win)|
|TOPIC: decorating tips for mardi gras|
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.