“photo remodeling” image analysis
copyright image by envato.com
What do you see in the image above?
Let’s start with style:
we are looking at an urban apartment with an industrialized style – very common where industrial parks have been converted into apartment. It appears that this apartment is fairly new or recently renovated. The occupant decided to give an urban, industrial look.
- First, they wallpapered or muraled the main wall with brick to give the feeling of a converted brick wall. Second, they painted the ceiling in the concrete style. The ceiling and brick combo gives the perfect industrial look that the occupant is trying to achieve:
- INFO: urban rustic decor style: how to get it right!
INFO: best urban rustic images
INFO: how to make a painted wall that looks like concrete
- FIND: brick wall mural
FIND: concrete style paint
And now for the decor on the wall:
you will note six portrait floating frames and three wall decor items that form a separation. Of the six portrait frames, you have an extra large, large and medium size frame on one side; three small portrait sizes on the other. Note how these portrait frames are positioned – each one at varying heights and levels.
- The three wall decor items down the middle are all of the same size. They have been positioned to separate the portrait hangings with the two bottom pieces in line with each other; the top off-centered to the left.
- INFO: 7 tips on how to hang wall art like an interior design pro
INFO: hanging wall art – the complete guide
- FIND: floating frameless mount
FIND: portrait frame gallery
FIND: wall canvas art
Make the portraits interesting:
the portrait hangings are very unique – photos of interesting children and groups that tell a story. This is most likely by the photographer who is displaying his own work.
- To replicate the same decor setup, use portraits of your own taking. Portraits that draws out curiosity from friends visiting your home. You want these wall pieces to tell a story or invoke a memory each time to gaze upon the wall. Consider taking your own portrait photos for display.
- INFO: 10 ways to take stunning portraits
INFO: wall portrait photography
- FIND: portrait-taking camera
FIND: photoshop software
FIND: photo printer
Add some lighting:
finally, don’t forget to add the lighting for ambience. The image has three urban-styled wall sconces evenly placed to illuminate the wall as needed. Make sure to install dimmable light fixtures and bulbs so that different lighting shades can be used.
- And note the room ceiling with its industrial pendant light ties ties everything together to this room its urban style. A perfect way to get the maximum style you are looking for.
- INFO: how can I light my walls? a wall lighting guide
INFO: laws of light: 5 portrait lighting setups
- FIND: vintage wall sconce
FIND: industrial pendant light
a nice illustration how to decorate a wall that is interesting and nicely positioned. Make sure you wall is big enough to hold multiple hangings. Don’t crowd the wall to much – because you wall itself – whether painted or muraled can become part of the decor. And make sure to use interesting, creative wall pieces. Something that initiates conversation anytime someone observes your creative layout.
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
Floor & Room Art
or simply search by entering decor item or other remodeling need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|5 Alternative Ways to Decorate Your Walls Without Painting (same win)|
|Cheap Home Decorating Ideas: Using Your Empty Wall Space (same win)|
|Transforming Unappealing Pipes into Effective Decor Features (same win)|
Find Interior Design Services Decorators Interior Designers Furniture Painting & Staining top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: offic at home by Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.