Keeping your yard dry
- Unless you live on an elevated hill top or enclave, your yard may experience drainage problems – especially for those neighborhood homes that are elevated down from other homes further up the street or hill. Your property likely gets the rain runoff that flows into your back yard or surrounding property.
- This can become a complex problem for developed neighborhoods. When trees and other forest rooted plants are removed for home construction and manicured lawns. Rainfall has no place to be absorbed – so it flows easily down to lower elevations that may create a soggy mess within property lines.
- This is also true for rain fall that drains from your roof. That is why we have gutter systems to keep the rain from puddling near the home foundation to avoid foundation damage and shifting.
- The rain collected from the gutters flow down the gutter spout and then what? Do you have a drainage system to channel that water away from your home and yard. Better yet, can you collect that rain water for future use?
- These drainage issues and questions are all important. The goal is to protect your home foundation from water damage and to prevent water drainage issues that can destroy your lawn and leave you with a soggy mess that becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects.
- With a little planning and investment, you can create a drain management system where rainwater is collected and channeled to avoid runoff problems and to protect your home. View the infographic below for more drain management solutions.
How to Achieve Better Yard Drainage
|SHOP: drainage/flood control (see below)|
|AMAZON: drainage systems (new win)|
|AMAZON: downspout extension (new win)|
|HISTORY: standing water dangerous (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: fix a negative slope (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: DIY french drain (new win)|
or simply search by entering rain and water drainage system or other remodeling need
other related items of interest:
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
“Roof and Yard Drainage”
|Rainy Climate? 4 Reasons Your Home Needs Ship-Shape Storm Drains (same win)|
|Reducing the Runoff: Understanding the Science Behind Lawn and Yard Drainage (same win)|
|The Benefits of Installing a Watertank Rainfall Catchment System at Home (same win)|
Find Professional Services (opens new win) Handyman Garden Maintenance Pest Control Air Conditioning top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Cover image credit: yard drainage system by envato.com
end of post … please share it!
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.