Celebrating the pioneer heritage …
- Pioneer Day is today, July 24 – but you need to be in Salt Lake City, Utah in order to commemorate or celebrate the holiday.
- Today is a state holiday – with parades – festivals – fireworks – rodeos – and picnics throughout the Mormon corridor of the Mountain west:
INFO: pioneer day events 2019
- July 24 is the date in 1847 when the Mormon pioneers entered into the Salt Lake valley – which began the development of the desert valley into one of the key commercial cities of the West:
INFO: this is the place heritage park
- The first trek of the Mormon pioneers began their journey west in early April from present day Nebraska and traveled 1031 miles before reaching the Salt Lake valley on July 24, 1847:
INFO: history of the mormons in utah
- Enjoy the celebrations So if you happen to be in Salt Lake City today – or will be traveling through – take some time to enjoy the festivities. It will give you an appreciation of the many pioneers that trekked westward for destinations at Utah – Oregon – California.
What comments can you share?
|VIEW: grilling items (see below)|
|AMAZON: pioneer day (new win)|
|HISTORY: mormons settle SLC (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: epic pioneer trek (new win)|
other related summer/fall events:
Find Decks n’ Patio Services Decks Patio Fences Landscape Design top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Firepit & Fireplace
or simply search by entering deck n’ patio item or other gardening need
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.