copyright image by Pixabay
Understanding Valentines Day?
- February 14 – time to express your love to whomever is close to your heart.
- But what is Valentine’s Day? Where did it come from?
- Valentines originated as a Roman festival to celebrate fertility with the coming of spring – when Christianity took hold, they changed it to Valentines Day to be celebrated on February 14.
- Legend has it that the term Valentine was take from St. Valentine, a 3rd century priest who married in secret Roman soldiers who were banned from marriage.
- St. Valentine was captured and executed on Feb 14 – prior to his execution, letters of appreciation and love were secretly given to him by those of whom he had wed.
- What comments can you share?
|AMAZON: valentine gifts (new win)|
|HISTORY: valentine: pagan holiday (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: valentine’s around the world (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: valentine love songs 2019 (new win)|
other related items of interest
Find Interior Design Services Decorators Interior Designers Furniture Painting & Staining top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.