first “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by Pixabay
What do you see in the image above?
- The overall shape of the attic space: that is going to be true with any attic – what kind of shape that can be formed if you do a conversion. Many attics use truss roofs – and depending on the truss, you may need to add support beams to get any attic living space: | view the youtube below | view types of roof trusses
- Sky/roof windows: to enjoy your attic living space by allowing sunlight into the attic space. Also note that these windows open up to allow fresh air and ventilation. Attic can get hot in the summer, so that attic area must have good insulation and ventilation to keep cool (and warm in the winter).
- Wall decor: you can have some fun with decor – anything that is less expensive buy creative. Something like these crate boxes arranged in a side cross format. Use these crates to place your favorite nick-nacks and other small decor items.
- Other interesting decor: note the two, empty picture frames near the floor level – the wall becomes the picture. Another empty picture frame on the opposite side with a simple plain background. Balance everything with a large wall clock at top.
- Back wall: could be the actual brick of the exterior home. If you home doesn’t have brick, then a brick wall mural may work. You can get a mural that will compliment the color and theme of the room.
so why would you want an attic living room space – most likely to escape into a personal room that belongs to you. It could function as a mans cave or she shed – a place that is your own to relax, enjoy some entertainment and perhaps having a nice conversation with someone on the sofa. What other observations do you see?
What comments what can you share about this photo idea?
|VIEW n SHOP: wood crates (new win)|
|VIEW n SHOP: large wall clock (new win)|
|PINTEREST: attic living area ideas (new win)|
|IMAGES: attic living room (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: attic design ideas (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: install velux roof window (new win)|
other related items of interest
May We Suggest Some Key Postings About
|7 Tips for Turning Your Attic into a Living Space (same win)|
|Home Improvement: How to Turn your Attic into a Living Space (same win)|
|When is it a Good Idea to Remodel the Attic? (same win)|
Find Home Remodeling Services Additions Major Remodels Minor Remodels Disability Needs top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.