first “photo remodeling” image
copyright image by https://123rf.com/
Roof repair or replacement
Common sense dictates that homeowners deal with roofing issues promptly to prevent them from worsening. A damaged roof won’t only compromise your home’s look and feel; it will also cost a significant amount of money to fix.
- There are generally two options: either invest in roof repair or replacement – and determining which of the two you should invest in involves looking at several factors and considerations.
- When it comes to any home improvement, it’s important that homeowners time things just right to make the most of their investment.
- Thus, before making a decision whether to repair or to replace, it’s best you look for red flags that can point you in the right direction.
- What comments can you share?
|VIEW n SHOP: roof shingles (new win)|
|AMAZON: roof repair (new win)|
|COUPONS: home structure (new win)|
|PINTEREST: roof shingle ideas (new win)|
|INFO: should you repair or replace? (new win)|
May We Suggest Some Key Postings on
“Roofing Repair or Replace”
|Top Roofing Qualities- What to Expect (same win)|
|Leak Be Gone: 5 Tips to Repairing a Leaky Roof (same win)|
|A List of Roofing Terminology Everyone Should Know (same win)|
second “photo remodeling” image
When does roof repair make better sense?
It makes no sense to spring for new roofing each time your roof leaks. Doing so would be overkill if your system is fairly new and still in relatively good condition. It just might be that you only need a few repairs done. Choose repairs over replacement if you’re dealing with the following issues:
- Dents and cracks from hailstorms. Large hailstones can damage your roofing shingles upon impact, creating openings for leaks.
- Loose roofing material due to high winds. Wind speeds can damage your roof by lifting off or loosening your shingles. High winds can blow the shingles right off your roof.
- Leaks. This all-too familiar issue plagues most homeowners. While a small annoyance, a roof leak can cause serious water damage when left unattended.
- Water streaks and stains on interior walls or on the ceiling. These are the usual indications that your roof has a leak somewhere.
- A small portion of roofing material is missing. Did you notice some missing shingles on your roof’s surface? They may cause leaks if they’re not dealt with quickly.
- Torn or loose flashing. The flashing covers your roof’s most vulnerable sections like the areas around chimneys, skylights, vent pipes, valleys and dormers.
|AMAZON: attic vents (new win)|
|IMAGES: roof shingle ideas (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: roofing water damage repair (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: replace missing shingles (new win)|
- Ventilates up to 1750 CFM. Solar ventilation fan cools your house and also lower electricity bills dramatically
- Limited 10 Year Warranty on Motor - 20 Year Warranty on Solar Panel
- Industry Leading 25-year limited warranty on entire unit.
- Highest quality materials in any Solar Attic Fan on the market.
- 28-watt solar panel captures sunlight from dawn to dusk and efficiently converts it into electric power to keep your...
- New 15 inch Fan Housing. Powerful enough to open louver. Easy to install with quick-connect wires
- For Gabel vent, greenhouse, garage or RV. Includes 25' of extra wire and brackets
- Industry Leading 25-year limited warranty on entire unit
- Highest quality materials in any Solar Attic Fan on the market
Last update on 2019-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
third “photo remodeling” image
Why invest in roof repair
- The red flags mentioned above may be worrying, but expert repair work by a trusted contractor is enough when the damage is minor and easily fixed.
- You should take your roof’s age into account as well. A relatively new system usually won’t require replacement.
- This makes roof repair the more practical choice.
- It can restore your roof to rights while helping extend its service life. Plus, it lets you avoid the complexities and expenses involved with a replacement.
|AMAZON: gutter systems (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: remove shingles to do repair (new win)|
So you need to select a roof shingle. Don’t go cheap. Spend a little extra…
View our home siding gallery of how to split your home siding options. You can choose vinyl and brick, vinyl and stone and other siding options.
fourth “photo remodeling” image
When does roof replacement make better sense?
Repairs can help you get the most out of your roof’s service life, but what if your system has already reached its limit? Repairs might not cut it for an old and failing roof. This is the best time to invest in a roof replacement, which, while a huge upgrade, is the best and most effective solution to improve your existing system. Consider replacement when these issues become apparent:
- Visible signs of aging. You’ll know when the shingles are already worn and fading.
- Cracked, curling or buckling shingles. This means the roofing material is nearing its end or has surpassed its life expectancy.
- Large patches of missing roofing material. Are your roof’s underlayment and deck visible? If there is no longer any material covering them, it’s time for a replacement.
- Recurring roof leaks affecting a large part of your home. Do you have leaks in practically every room in your home? That’s certainly a serious issue.
- A sagging roof deck. This means your system has sustained enough water damage to make structural risks and safety a huge concern.
- Shingle granules inside gutter troughs. When shingles start shedding their mineral outer layer, it can only mean they’re at the end of their life cycle.
|SERVICES: roofing contractors (see below)|
|AMAZON: lighting rods (new win)|
|VIEW: roofing replacement (remodel plan – same win)|
Find Roofing Services Roofing Gutter Systems Chimney Pest Control top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
fifth and last “photo remodeling” image
Why invest in roof replacement?
- Don’t let an old and failing roof negatively affect your home’s structure and comfort.
- A replacement is a more permanent solution that can prevent extensive damage to other parts of your home.
- Besides helping you avoid costly restoration and repairs to the rest of your living spaces, a new roofing system is bound to look great as well.
- As a highly visible design element, it can improve your home’s overall look and boost curb appeal for your property.
- Just make sure to choose the color, design and roofing material that best suits your home’s style.
|AMAZON: cupolas (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: cost replace roof (new win)|
A roof replacement can ensure better weather protection for your home, keeping it dry and damage-free. Given how most systems available today are designed and built using advanced roofing technologies, this option, when done right and at the right time, is a definite win. These days, some roofing shingles are even treated with cooling or reflective technology to help increase your home’s energy efficiency. The key takeaway here is that a roof replacement can maximize the aesthetics, comfort and weather performance of your home, thereby increasing its value.
If you still can’t decide whether to go for repairs or replacement, consult a reputable roofing contractor in your area. They’ll perform a comprehensive inspection of your roof’s current condition and suggest the most appropriate solution.
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.