Salute to our Veterans …
- Tomorrow – November 11 – is Veteran’s Day. The day we honor and salute the many veterans who have served our country – for those who are still with us and to for those who have passed on.
- Many of our WWII veterans are passing away. It is almost 75 years ago when the war finally ended – the veterans who were 18-20 years of age when they storm the beaches are now 95+ years of age. One of the greatest generation of men and women who fought bravely to preserve the freedoms we enjoy today:
INFO: honoring our WWII vets on this Veterans Day
- It is exactly 100 years ago when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on 28 June 1919 officially ending WWI. Unfortunately, almost all of these WWI veterans are no longer with us – but we still honor them:
INFO: Treaty of Versailles
- And we honor who fought in the Spanish American War – the Civil War – and the War of Independence – our ancestors – where would be today without their sacrifices.
- Presently we still have many of those veterans with us who fought in the Korean – Vietnam – Gulf – Iraq and many other places throughout the world in preserving and protecting our freedoms and democratic principles. So we salute you for the sacrifice that you have made:
INFO: 1.3 million troops stationed around the world
- Spend the time to review the history and sacrifice that has been made on this a special day to honor and remember.
What comments can you share?
|VIEW: state-by-state travel (see below)|
|AMAZON: veteran day pins (new win)|
|HISTORY: veterans day history (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: history of veterans day (new win)|
|YOUTUBE: I fought for you (new win)|
other related “thanksgiving” events:
Find Home Heating Services Central Heating Radiant Heat Fireplaces Thermostats top-rated, pre-screened local contractors FREE: download contractor selection enter zip code – powered by HomeAdvisor ™
Idaho – Minnesota
Mississippi – Ohio
Oklahoma – Wyoming
Nice pic idea? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this pic idea within your social networks.